Wow, What a pleasant surprise!!!! I’m welcomed home from a crazy week with a nomination for the Blogger Recognition Award!
Thank you so much Helene Choo! Helene is new to the blogging scene and CRUSHING it with her lifestyle blog The HC Lifestyle Blog.
How AlyssaAllDay Began
Welp, it all started after I had already been traveling for quite some time. Deep down I felt I should start a blog to document my travels because my beautiful photos and stories from really crazy places were just sitting on my hard drive. I suppose I had thought no one really wanted to hear my stories and perhaps they’d just go unread. Pretty soon, I started receiving the same questions over and over about my life, story, and travels. I realized it was time to put it all in one public place and so, AlyssaAllDay was born. I have a longer story here.
Some Advice for New Bloggers
My main piece of advice is to just get started. Take the first step – which is more like a leap – and just begin somewhere. It’s the hardest part to begin, but once you do it’s physically there in the open for you to work on and build from. My regret (yes I actually have some) is not starting sooner. I was traveling at the beginning of the game when some of the big blogging names got started and if I had just began my blog, who knows where I’d be now? Don’t be afraid to put your thoughts out there and express yourself. You get NOWHERE by waiting until the “right time”, which actually doesn’t exist. It may seem scary and intimidating, but you don’t want to always wonder “what if?”
Another piece of advice for new bloggers is to BE YOURSELF. It’s so difficult in this crazy technological world to convey your personality in your work, because it seems that it’s all been done before. Trust me, I encounter this challenge on the regular. It’s also very easy to look at what other people have done and just recreate it, but no one wants to read a copycats story when they can find the real thing somewhere else. It is easier to be yourself and just do you.
- Hunting For Paradise : Amazing underwater photography
- Steven McNeilage : Some of the best shots from Aus and South Africa
- Allie Fredericks : Showing the heart & soul of people & countries through photos & story
- Where Is Dean? : The life of a digital nomad
- Where’s Vero? : Stories from life in the Peace Corps
- 3,980 Miles
- Contradiction of Sorts
- An Architect Abroad
- Planes & Champagne
- Heart My Backpack
- Coffee and Passport
- Life Above the Clouds
- Sunshine Seeker
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.