Welcome to Part 2 of my UK & Ireland Road Trip!
I need to start this post by stating that I love, love, LOVE Ireland and Northern Ireland. I love Dublin, I love the countryside, I love the cliff-lined coasts, I love the people, I love the food, and I love the beer… hell I love the whiskey too. The people are hardworking, yet the pace of life is still relaxed and lighthearted. Come to think of it, every person I met along the way was eager to lend a helping hand or cheerful in their day-to-day life.
It’s impossible to spend anywhere near “enough” time on the entire island because there’s just so much exploring to do. I highly suggest renting a car regardless of if you have 5 days or 2 weeks. Everything is easily accessible and having a car let’s you stick to your own schedule and explore.
– DUBLIN –
STAY : Barnacles Hostel – They have private rooms that feel more like hotel rooms & dorms at great prices. The highlight is definitely the amazing centralized location in Temple Bar neighborhood making it walking distance to everything.
- Guinness Factory
- Jameson Factory
- Temple Bar neighborhood
- Trinity College
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral
- The Brazen Head for dinner
- Gallaghers Boxty House for dinner
- The Temple Bar – drinks and fantastic live music
- The Bull & Castle for tastey craft beer
– CONNEMARA –
STAY : Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
– CLIFFS OF MOHER –
– GALWAY –
- Drive the Coastal Route
- Plan a Game of Thrones tour and stop at Winterfell Castle, The Dark Hedges, and more
- Giant’s Causeway
- Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
– LONDONDERRY –
STAY : Serendipity House B&B
- Museum of Free Derry – A visit will aid in better understanding the deep history of the city and the monumental events leading up to and following Bloody Sunday
- Free Derry Corner murals and “You Are Now Entering Free Derry”
- The Dubliners
- Flogging Molly
- Dropkick Murphys
- “Galway Girl” – Steve Earle